Friday, January 21, 2005

TMI

I just got off the phone with Beth (who was peeing while we were talking, of course) and I mentioned to her something that she INSISTED I record on my site immediately so here goes:

I told her that I needed to go run to change my tampon for the hundredth time today. Having a voracious menstrual cycle requires multiple changes which is extremely fun in itself, but I have the added pleasure of working in a portable building sans toilets. This means I have to go outside to the next building for my bathroom needs. I mentioned that I was hopeful my experience would be as fun as my last trip (45 minutes ago) when I had a tampon hanging out of my pocket and had to walk right through the center of a tour group as I entered the building. The best part was that they were all in a circle that blocked the front door and I had to break through the circle and then walk directly through the center of the circle to get to the other side of the foyer where the bathrooms are located.

Whatever makes you laugh, my friend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth here: And that, my friend, makes me laugh.

chirky said...

oh, the irritation! how frustrating a) to be in a building without bathrooms, and b) to have to tunnel through a group of tourists.

what would have been EVEN WORSE? if your tampon had been hanging out of your pocket, like before, but had FALLEN OUT while you were pushing your way through all these people. and then, if you would have had to go looking for it, WHILE THEY'RE ALL STILL STANDING THERE, WATCHING YOU.

yes, that would have been horrible, indeed.
funny story! :)

Anonymous said...

the horror of not having a connvenient bathroom... that's rough, and i do apologize for laughing at you about it! being the geeks we are in our household, the process of which you speak has been deemed a 'hardware upgrade' i'm just waiting for my three year old son to be talking to one of his grandmothers on the phone and say 'i'm sorry, my mommy can't come to the phone--she's i the bathroom upgrading her hardware'
trudie