Tuesday, January 25, 2005

EG


Ella is hilarious. She is such a girly girl at times and it always startles me. I was never terribly feminine, nor am I currently. I remember being proud of my “tomboy” status in grade school. I didn’t wear makeup until late in high school. I have never liked the color pink, frilly stuff or crafts. Ella is different.

It started slowly. Instead of hurling the baby doll, we had originally bought for Harrison, across the room as he did, she cradled it and carried it around. That turned into an interest in having a cradle of her own for her baby. After she turned 2 ½, however, it has become much more noticeable. She loves the color pink and always chooses to wear shirts with flowers if she has the chance. She puts things on her head and asks, “Don’t I look like a princess?” She loves clothes and likes to take them off and/or put layers of them on depending on the day. She absolutely has no concern about matching. The more patterns she can mix together, the better! This year for Christmas she asked for a stroller for her babies.

Don’t get me wrong! She definitely can play with the boys and enjoys that too. She is surrounded by trucks, diggees and trains due to her two older brothers. Her class at daycare is mostly male and she loves each of them affectionately calling them hers, ie. “My Gavin” or “My Aidan”. Her brother, Harrison, is the light of her life. She follows his lead whenever she can.

I can handle it, but am not sure I’m quite equipped. What if she wants advice on clothes? What if she wants to join dance? What if she wants me to braid her hair? I suppose I can learn or adapt to all of this, but I will not, under ANY circumstances adapt to her if she becomes like Bree.


No comments: