Monday, February 07, 2005

Recent News

Ella : self-initated pee-er. Got out of the tub tonight, on her own accord, and peed!!! This is about the third time she's done this. We have high hopes that she will be in underwear soon. We could really use the money we spend on diapers for something...mmm...like...HEAT BILLS!

Harrison : honor student. Had a great talk with his teacher who told me that he was socially mature in his class. MY HARRY! Most of you have no idea how great this is. He was a mess last fall and was almost kicked out of the same school until he was moved into a new room with this same above mentioned teacher. I LOVE MR. CHRIS!

Chris : world's longest phone conversationalist. I used to think he was the world's longest shower taker, until he got on the phone with his mother tonight. Believe me...I totally support mother-child relationships, but Chris and his mom don't like each other. It's not sad, really, more like uncomfortable. Tonight, however, when I need him to help with the kids, he and his mom are BEST FRIENDS! They just can't stop coming up with irrelevant topics to talk about.

Glenn (my dad) : supporting husband of the year. Talked to him this morning and he's feeling pretty helpless. "I'm fine...healthy...playing the best golf of my life (we both agreed that's a fairly relative statement!) and she just has so many struggles." At 75, he's been put in the role of caretaker. He does all the cooking, shopping and cleaning now. He's fine with it, but upset with the reasons behind the new role.

Trudy (my mom) : bravest woman on earth. She's been in fairly good spirits. Talked with her tonight. Today was a bad day - too many uncomfortable tests in cold rooms, bad hospital food and extremely LOUD roommates. They are moving her tonight into the cancer unit where she has been promised it will be much better. I guess cancer patients are, on average, quieter than heart patients?? She will be in the hospital until Thursday. She has a filter in her abdomen now and is on blood thinning medicine.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad to hear your mom's spirit is holding up. I had a blood clot two summers ago and it was so overwhelming and that was without all of the other stuff she has going on. What a Wonder Woman! And your dad...sounds like you come from good people.

I'm equally impressed by the kids. I seem to be reading numerous blogs with kids who are training and self-initiating is impressive...social maturity must run in the family.

Anonymous said...

My mom and dad are going through this same scenario right now - she has lymphoma, dad is the caregiver. Luckily, it seems as if my mom is on the road to recovery. I wish the best for your parents too.