Friday, February 04, 2005

8:28 PM

Ella is up on a kitchen stool at the counter eating orange slices. She has wet hair and is in warm pajamas having just taken a bath.

Harrison is in the bath tub now and Chris is sitting on the bathroom floor hanging out with him.

I'm in the dining room, right off the kitchen, "working" on my laptop.

Ella: “Mom, can you take the peel off, because I can’t. I can only take one peel off over here. Mom!”

Me: (Ok, Ok)

I’m back. I hear noises from the bathroom that sound like pure joy. Harrison is giggling and Chris is making noises in his throat that sound like some sort of motor.

Ella: “I’m done Mommy. Can you wipe me up?”

I’m back again. Chris and Harrison are playing with boats in the water and the shark. Harrison is still giggling.

Ella has now interrupted them. “Daddy, can you please hold me?” She likes to be touching us at all times. If she isn’t on one of our laps, she is stroking our face or asking to be held.

I like that I am a mother.

I like that I am a wife.

I feel content tonight.

1 comment:

chisparoja said...

wow, what a beautiful post. :) proving yet again, that our daughters are so much alike, micah, too always wants to be touched. (i write as she climbs on my lap and puts her face between mine and the computer to grin at me...) if she's sitting near someone, she either puts a hand on their leg or arm or something or sits with her leg touching theirs as if fused to them. she must always have human contact. i love it. :) this motherhood thing is more beautiful and profound than i ever could've imagined, don't you think?