Thursday, February 24, 2005

Underwater Anatomy Class

Ella earned a baby doll by filling her potty jar with paper strips. We went to the toy store tonight to pick it out. She picked an anatomically correct boy baby doll that pees and can float in the bath tub. It came with a miniature potty chair, hooded bath towel and baby bottle (so she can ply him with liquids and watch him pee all over the floor). What more can an almost three year old girl want??

Harrison and Ella are pretty taken by “Boy Baby”. They usually take baths separately, but tonight wanted to bathe together with “Boy Baby”.

Ella: “When my baby gets out of the bath, I’m going to put her towel on.”

Me: “It’s a boy, honey.”

Ella: “No it isn’t.”

Me: “Yes..see…he has a p*nis.”

Ella: “He doesn’t have a p*nis like Harry’s.”

Me: “Yes he does. See? Here it is.”

Ella: “Oh. There’s her pee-nuts.”

Harry: “Peanuts?”

Ella: “Peanuts? We buy peanuts all the time at the grocery store!”

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

See I look at "baby boy" as Ella practicing for motherhood. And you know with Kyle's genetics, he will most-likely be shooting all boys. Was shooting the best word to use? Anyway, so I am saying that ella will be ready for Kyle. Because you know like he said, "I am going to marry Ella?" And to Eli's response, "But Kyle she is so tiny." He says, "Eli, that doesn't matter because I like Ella and she is cute."

---
"Peanuts" now that's funny. It used to be "Peep-us" over here.

Anonymous said...

That's a fantastic story! Just be careful that Harrison doesn't get any ideas. I used to have a doll that peed and my sister sliced her face with my mom's leg razor and said she'd been abused.

Kyle's comment reminds me of my sister's best friend. He once told me (I think I was about 9 and he was 7) that he liked us both about the same, but he figured he'd marry my sister.

Ella said...

Lovely story! I'll never look at peanuts the same way again...

Anonymous said...

I think now is the time to teach her about the "shenuts."

Anonymous said...

Ur kid(s) is(are) gonna be so embarressed about this.