Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Life goes on

Update:

I haven’t been posting because my life got worse before it got better. I will definitely have much more time in the next few days to fill you in.

Key phrase in above paragraph – “…it got better.” I’ve had some moments of late that seemed would never end. I’ve cried more in the past two days than I have in years, but, again, things are better. Ella is on the mend and I am heading to see my best friend (my mother) tomorrow morning at 7:00 am. It is 9:00 pm and I haven’t even started to pack, but that seems to par for the course these days. It will get done. I’ve decided that it doesn’t really matter what I wear around a bunch of retirement aged people. If I forget something, I’ll just borrow or use my credit card AGAIN.

Hopefully I can write it all out tomorrow on my layover. Cross your finger that I find Internet access at or near my parents’ place. It will be nice to do some blog reading when I finally have a lot of time.

I’ll be back soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are okay, Carol! You hadn't posted for so long I was getting worried. (It's odd to be worried about a complete stranger, but I was.) And GREAT self-portrait, by the way!

Anonymous said...

Take a deep breath and enjoy this. Go shopping. Sleep. Write. Relax. We will miss you, but we are excited that you get this time. It is 10:15 am and I am crashing. I have already told Kyle that he has to take a nap today, if only so that I can take one too.

Eli has this freaky raised bright red rash around his neck. When I asked him if I could look at it to make sure he was ok, he responded, "Ella bit me." They really are like an old married couple.

(((((((BIG ADAMS FAMILY HUGS!))))))) We have your back don't cha know.

Ella said...

Have a safe trip. I really hope you have a lovely time and things are better when you return.

Anonymous said...

Have a good trip. Hope you get some much-needed rest.