Monday, March 14, 2005

Auf Wiedersehen!



I was able to go down to the beach today, finally! 81 and gorgeous!!! However, my mom can't really get around, so she didn't come. My dad - well, he was too busy reading his Wall Street Journal to come. My kids and husband are home in Utah, so they couldn't make it. I found myself feeling sad. I think that's a great sign. I'm ready to go home. I loved being "alone" the first two days, but the last two I've been starting to miss my kids a LOT.

I will miss my parents terribly, but as I just told my mom. I got to do everything I wanted to do while I was here (except get my hair highlighted, but that's a story for another day). I had some great, quality time with my mom and dad. I ate well. I exercised, slept well and relaxed. It was perfect.

Amanda - I'll be at work mid-morning!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ich hoffe die Zeit "allein" hat dir gut getan! so how good is your German?
Take care and get home safely!

blackbird said...

Mmmm. Sounds just right.
Like that skirt too.

Anonymous said...

One of my all-time best vacations was a long weekend in Florida that didn't include anything more strenuous than walking on the beach, eating shrimp (usually at 4:30 pm), reading and talking with my friends I had gone to visit.

I'm so glad you had a restful, fruitful vacation, but I understand the draw to get home. I'm sure that I'll be dying for my own bed a few days into my trip (week after next) and I don't even have a great husband (who knows about hair ribbons!) and those cute kids waiting at home for me...travel safe.

Jenny said...

Hi!
Found you on selfportraitday and stopped by!

Your picture of the beach brought me back to when I was a kid and would look down at my feet while the waves hit because I was amazed at the water.