Friday, July 22, 2005

Cross your fingers....


Rest area, middle of South Dakota


Today was the first day of the trek home. I haven't hit anything with the van, nor have I locked any keys inside of anything! I'd say that's pretty good!

As we left Utah, 14 days ago, it took us until 3:00pm to leave - today we were scooting out the door by 11:30am. I'd say that's progress.

I am sitting in another pretty scuzzy motel room in Wall, South Dakota - home of Wall Drug. This "drug" store advertises across this state like the old Burma Shave billboards. It's pretty funny. I went there when I was a kid - it's just a junk shop, but I think Chris wants to see what all the fuss is about so we may pop in on our way out tomorrow morning.

It was hard to leave this morning, although I don't think it's really hit me that this will be the last time I see my childhood home. The home I've lived in, or gone back to, for 36 years. My parents are also having some regrets, but are committed to simplifying and will list it at the end of next week.

Good news..my mom's MRI was fine and I think it gave her a renewed energy. She got out of bed last night around 6:30pm and stayed out till about 10:00pm. I can't remember the last time she interacted with us for so long. Thank you for your good vibes, thoughts and prayers. They must have helped me with my driving and memory today, also, but do keep them coming. We still have two more days!

No comments: