Monday, October 24, 2005

Stuff going through my head

This is a picture of my office. I'm in the one on the right. My school just moved into a new building and this was obviously taken before completion. It's much better than the portable classroom we were housed in last year, but I really wish I had a window. I should be thrilled to be in a new space, but I'm not. I don't like my job right now. That's all I'll say.

I think I'm more worried about my dad's upcoming heart surgery than I thought. I find myself crying about it at the weirdest moments. He has a cold that won't go away. He may not be able to have the surgery this Friday if he doesn't get healthy. I have a plane ticket for Sunday. I hope I don't have to change it.

The details for our house closing this Friday are all coming together. I will probably find it hard to celebrate due to my dad's surgery and the fact that we lost our SHIRTS!!!! on this sale.

My mom's health status is starting to get to her. She casually mentioned to me, at the end of a phone conversation this morning, that she thinks she's heading into a deep depression. Ummm. I don't know how to handle that. I can't tell her to get out and keep busy - she's bedridden. I guess I knew this was coming.

I'm happy that Ella's asthma is under control. She is back to her happy, semi-compliant self.

As I mention weekly, life can be tedious. I am very lucky to have a best friend in my husband. Without his cooperation and support, I doubt I could get through all of this. He puts up with my deer-in-the-headlights perma-look lately. I seem to just stand in the middle of rooms and spin around - not knowing why I'm in that room or what I need to be doing.

I'm kind of mad at God. I wish that my mom could get a break.

I love Fall in Utah. It's warm and colorful.

I'm exhausted most of the time. I think someone should invent a coffee that could keep me awake, yet never give me the shakes.

That's it for now.

No comments: