Saturday, August 02, 2008

It's been so hot!


Our house is all brick and heats up like an oven.  We are learning, finally, how to get the most out of our air conditioning.  We have an elaborate process that involves fans, opening windows until a certain time of day while leaving the air on, opening windows without the a/c on, and closing blinds and shutters.  Our house is pretty dark in the front rooms as it is.  Dark paint and northern exposure.  When we close the shutters I find it almost claustrophobic.  However, I will do what I have to do to stay relatively cool.

Last week we decided to dance.  Each of us picked a CD to play and then we partied.

4 comments:

blackbird said...

We're doing the same fans, curtains, ac thing here, and it's going pretty well...but it's damn hot.

Anonymous said...

Greetings from the sauna that is Nashville, Tennessee. Love your blog. Stay cool. :) Amanda

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

oh yes. I love dance parties in our pj's! Great family fun!

Anonymous said...

I have read your blog a couple times and it sounds like if you put as time into your yard and house as you do in complaining about life you would get alot more done. You sure seem to think life owes you something rather than going out and working hard to acheiving your goals. If you think working from home will solve your problems you have never worked from home. I do and you can't have your kids around all day and you work much longer hours than I think you are willing to in order to make it successful. You should start counting your blessings like 2 healthy children, a husband with a good job and your father thriving. I know losing your Mother must have been very hard but you are so lucky that she met and made an impact on your children. I don't think I can read about you blathering on any more about what is wrong in your life...what about what is right?