Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Six weeks



I’m pretty sure that healthy living is not all it’s cracked up to be.

Eating healthy…I eat at least five servings of vegetables daily, lean chicken, fish and Boca burgers. I avoid sweets, eat low fat cinnamon graham crackers or Life cereal instead, and eat a variety of fruits. I keep my portions small and follow the Weight Watchers point plan religiously. For some reason I cannot cheat when I’m dieting and yet can’t really control a low-calorie lifestyle for the long run.

Exercising…I run four days a week and cross train on another. I’m not sure if it’s my age - or the altitude - or a combination of the two, but every year it seems harder to exercise. I don’t seem to have the lung capacity. It takes me twice as long to gain stamina and endurance as it used to. That’s not too fun when you’re in a hurry to run a long distance. The half marathon I’m training for is on June 3rd – only ONE month away.

Bottom line…I gained two pounds overnight - one pound for the week.

This is so much fun.

No comments: