Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Gratitude, iron and dress up




My recent post about my weight was difficult to write. I don't enjoy appearing weak or pathetic and I think that post bordered on both. Whine, whine, pout, pout with a few excuses thrown in. I wish it were different, but it isn't and you came through. The many comments I received were wonderful. I was amazed by how many of you have gone through similar experiences. Thank you for your honesty and compassion.

Nine days down and I'm still feeling fatigued and weak from eliminating most of the calories from my life that I normally eat. I've tried many things - eating all the points, eating protein, eating more carbs, taking my multi-vitamin. Nothing seems to be working. I actually went down to the organic foods store tonight and purchased an iron supplement. Hopefully guaranteed to work!

On a fun and positive note, Ella surprised me this morning. She refused to put on the outfit I had laid out for her and instead asked for her Christmas dress. We put it on with little ruffle lace trimmed anklets and black dress shoes. She looked so cute. Tonight the neighborhood was out in swarms enjoying our one evening of warmth and sun. The above picture is of my two little guys running up and down the street with their popsicles. It was a nice evening. I cannot wait for summer.

Update: the iron supplement seems to be working - even if this is the placebo effect, I don't care!!!

No comments: