Thursday, January 08, 2009

this and that in pictures

A resolution, of sorts, that I made this 2009 was to spend more time on photography and learning how to "enhance" the photos I take through Photoshop.  Easier said than done.  After looking at all the pictures below, I see that I still need to work on my color balance and hues.  Anyway...here are a few shots from the last week or so.


This is my nephew, CJ.  He is 19 months old and one of the most well-behaved toddlers I've ever met.  Of course I think he's extra special because we share the same birthday.


Harry was pretty attached to the new Wii Santa splurged on for Christmas.  He sat in this particular spot, on the couch, for most of Winter Break.  There were a couple days that the only reason he got out of his pajamas was to go down to his friend's house to ask advice on how to get to the next level in "Lego Star Wars."  I felt a little like a bad parent, for letting him play so much, but I knew it was just the newness of it.  Once school started, I was sure the "need" to play would wane - and it has.

This little girl also fought getting out of her pajamas for most of break.  This independence is great - it means she'll be a strong woman - but for now it just really gets in the way.  Ella was always my compliant one.  The rule-follower.  Now she has her own opinions and (gasp) actually makes her own decisions ALL the time.  It's completely scaring the hell out of me. (Oh - and check out the pajamas.  Backwards AND inside out.  They won't wear them any other way.  This is one battle I really don't feel like fighting.)



Of course a picture montage wouldn't be complete without Basie.  Her limitless energy is a constant issue for me.  I am always looking for ways to exhaust her.  Two doors down, there is an adorable Goldendoodle (half golden retriever/half poodle).  He looks the exact opposite of Basie.  He is thick, curly-haired and tall.  I'm not sure what attracts them to each other, but these two dogs are in love.  They play on my tiny front yard as often as they can.  Here is a shot from today's session.  They both look pretty ferocious, but look below...


...who wouldn't love this dog!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks so much like our dog! The pound labeled her as a terrier mix, but she looks almost just like that. She really is the BEST dog.

Jakki said...

A Goldendoodle...that is so cute and so is he. Bassie looks like she's truly lovin' it...

Anonymous said...

Love the inside-out backward jammies! I had to go back and look at Harry's. HAHA! Your posts when they are teens are going to be loaded with GOOD stories!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I think you had my son over for Christmas! Pajamas on, Wii remote in hand, funny face of Wii concentration...

www.penelopeellasusan.blogspot.com

zipbagofbones said...

I think the photos are lovely!

Anonymous said...

cute kids, okay, but the dog! the dog is killing me! my old english sheepdog get the same dopey excited look every time it snows.

Nigel said...

we've got a goldendoodle, and for a split second i was like 'holy crap, the dog found out that the fence is broken!'

luckily for me, i realised that i'm nowhere near utah, but that dog does look eerily similar to mine.