Tuesday, May 15, 2007

That's my boy

Harrison has been behaving unusually poor at school. His main offense – not listening. We talk often about better behavior, but he truly can’t seem to control himself.

A few days ago, as I was tucking him in, I asked him a desperate question. Nothing in this question came from my years of education and experience working with children.
I asked him from the depths of my frustrated soul: “Harry, you’ve had a rough three days…can you please change your attitude?” To this, he simply answered, “Yes I can.”

Great. That will really help.

9 comments:

Tuesday Girl said...

It can't get more simple then that!

Anonymous said...

It is uncanny the way a very direct request is often the most effective. Of course, sometimes you have to threaten to take away their guns too. At least that's the case with my girls.

blackbird said...

I once said to Oldest:
What was going through your head when you DID that?
And he said: A CHAINSAW.

Anonymous said...

Ha! I love it. I can laugh because I don't have any kids. I don't know how you moms do it!!

dmydlack said...

Hi,

Why not take a look at this short video on school and kids.

I made it and it has raised some interesting thoughts.

Danny

dmydlack said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgpuSo-GSfw

Jodie said...

I feel your pain! I'm sure he will surprise you and turn it around.

FENICLE said...

If it were always that easy uh...?

Crazy MomCat said...

He can...but will he? Hehehe. Oh, how I relate to this. Somehow I know if our 7-year-olds met, they would be instant friends...