Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Stating the obvious

I've been without the ability to access anything worthwhile on the internet for days until now. Chris has finally returned from his jet-setting (literally) business trip. It is so good to have him home.

Single parenting is for the birds. I do not know how people do it. Children are a lot of work. Work is a lot of work. Running a household is a lot of work.

Anyway, he's back. I'll be fine eventually. The kids didn't fair much better. Harrison started having "behavioral issues" during after-care this afternoon and Ella just had a crying jag that lasted about 20 minutes. (Did you know that a bloody nose will not stop if you're crying?)

Routine is a funny thing. When you lose it, it upsets some to the core. Three different morning routines this week and my two collapse. Now I know.

Chris - if you're reading this - no more travel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hang in there. this is hilarious yet i feel for ya'...

hugs to all....

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Oh I know how you feel. I did not sign up for single parenting-- I hate when my spouse is out of town... especially with Sick kids underfoot!