Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Football and bird

Thanksgiving is a holiday of strict codes. One must eat turkey. One must watch football. One must be with family. My husband has two brothers in town who will be gone for the holiday. We are spending the day with friends who have two kids about the same age as mine. We already broke a rule.

This will be the VERY FIRST Thanksgiving dinner I have ever hosted. I'm scared to death. My friend, Beth, and I are having trouble deciding what to serve because we each have favorite dishes. (Notice that the guys are not involved with this - why is that?) We are serving about two hundred and thirty dishes to accomodate everyone's desires. The kids will not like any of it and we'll end up microwaving turkey franks about five minutes into the meal.

I love the holidays.


No comments: